Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day, 2009




A rainy, gray Memorial Day, and just the two of us. We did our own thing all day, before grilling some brats and vegetables. I used up what I had, since I'm going to Denver tomorrow. Most of a head of cauliflower broken up, some green onions, chopped big, some sliced red onion, and a yellow pepper, sliced. Tossed these in a bowl with a tsp. of chopped garlic, some olive oil. Too white and yellow, needed some color, some red. No red peppers so I added, you guessed it, sun-dried tomatos, julienned. My secret ingredient for just about everything. A little salt and pepper, then into the grill basket. OK, grillmeister, you're up. (That's Bob.) Enough of that computer game, already!

Thought about all the veterans of all the wars as I sang where have all the flowers gone?

After dinner Bob and I went downtown to see the new Star Trek movie. I was prepared not to like it, but I liked it quite a lot. Hard to believe Nancy Warner and I were watching Star Trek back in the 'sixties, and lovin' James T. Kirk, Spock, Bones, and the gang. Bob watching it too, but we wouldn't know each other for decades. Talk about time travel...

Long time passing...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Linda, I have been prepared not to like the new Star Trek also. I'll wait until I can get it on Netflix, it drives me crazy to pay so much money and then be subjected to all those commercials and trailers for too-loud too violent movies I won't watch.

    That song has deep meaning for me, and I sang it out loud after seeing it as your status. I love you, dear person, and I am grateful for the blogosphere which makes me feel close to you after all these years.

    ReplyDelete